About Carlton Insurance
In 1934, a North Carolina farmer from Duplin County named David H. Carlton began representing Jefferson Standard Insurance Company. Mr. Carlton worked with and served other farmers and businesses in the community to build what would become Carlton Insurance Agency. An office was opened in downtown Warsaw, North Carolina in 1945 where two sons, Hugh and Fisher Carlton, would later join their father. Together they grew the agency business by providing service known for its competence, customer care and honesty.
Over the next 80 years, work with local businesses and farmers evolved into more comprehensive service with an added focus in commercial coverage interests serving retail and wholesale grocery customers, hog and poultry farming accounts and other agribusinesses—local and regional. Many of the agency’s relationships with business and personal accounts span decades.
Carlton Insurance remains loyal to the foundational tenets for competence and integrity established by David H. Carlton and his sons, Hugh and Fisher Carlton. Today, a skilled team including a grandson and great-grand daughter, continue this commitment to serve all customers with this same vision.
Follow us on Instagram @carltoninsurance